Golfing in Maui Has Never Been So Much Fun!
Our course design rivals any other golf course in Maui. It combines fairness with challenge and is suitable for any player or skill-level. The course is continually being improved to make it even more golfer-friendly, with the widening of fairways, reshaping and enlarging of greens, and the installation of new hybrid Bermuda turf grasses.
Maui Nui has all of the classic design attributes. They include: an inviting opening hole; reachable holes facing each cardinal point of the compass; and the prevailing trade winds test the golfer and reward smart play.
Challenging, Rewarding and Amazing Views
Maui Nui rewards those who play the fundamentals well: Keeping the ball in play, putting, chipping, and playing within themselves. It is the fairest test of golf on Maui, and offers exceptional views of the Pacific, Auau channel, Mt. Haleakala, Molokini, and the West Maui mountains.
Gold: yards 6801, rating 73.2, slope 129
Blue: yards 6404, rating 71.2, slope 126
White: yards 6003, rating 69.7, slope 122
Red: yards 5265, rating 67.0, slope 118
White: yards 6003, rating 73.1, slope 122
Red: yards 5265, rating 68.9, slope 113
Maui Nui Golf Club Layout
As with all golf courses on Maui, there are some very special places at Maui Nui: the first hole, a medium-length par-4 that usually plays downwind and easterly, showing off Haleakala’s distant slopes as they give way to La Perouse Bay; the short, par-3 third, faces northward toward Haleakala’s verdant towering heights; the par-4 sixth, runs due south, with a pond to the right fairway, and the shimmering Pacific runs at its feet, framed by the treetops surrounding the green. The golf course was opened in 1987, and designed by course architect Bill Newis
The back nine offers still more: The par-4 11Th swoops down to a green that has all of the West Maui mountains, including the Iao Needle and Maalaea Bay, as its backdrop; the fairway on the par-4 fifteen, which points directly south toward the ocean, weaves around two ponds and ushers shots onto the front of a green enhanced by Maui’s beautiful sunsets; and the 18th, a downhill, dogleg left that starts westerly, curves around to the south, shows off sweeping views of the Auau channel, and Molokini.
Rules and Etiquette
Golf Rules and Etiquette
Proper etiquette is a given in golf, and the Maui Nui Golf Club follows the traditions of the game as they have existed for centuries. Golfers should be mindful of the following rules of etiquette:
- Proper golf attire is required at all times including a collared golf shirt. (no flip flops, no tank tops, cut offs or swim trunks please.)
- Always allow faster golfers to play through
- Never throw your golf clubs. It could injure someone or yourself
- Never speak when another player is addressing the ball
- Cellular phones should be on silent mode
- When playing in a group, the order of play off the tee is determined by the scores of each player on the hole prior, the lowest score plays first
- While on the putting surface, never walk across or behind a person playing a stroke
- Play ready golf, to ensure that the pace of play is obtained
- Have a great round of golf from the staff of Maui Nui Golf Club
- A ball that is lost outside a mown area shall be played as lies or proceed under the unplayable/lost ball rule
- Soft spikes are mandatory (non-spiked shoes are also permitted)
- Always read cart instructions before operating
- USGA rules govern play, except where local rules apply
- Out-of-bounds areas are defined by white stakes and/or fence line left of holes #6,#8,#9,#10,#11 and #12
- Please rake bunkers, fix and repair divots and ball marks
- Please keep up with the group ahead and allow faster players to go through.
- Reclaimed water is used for irrigation. Do not drink.
Junior Golfers are welcome at Maui Nui Golf Club!
Junior golfers ages 18 and under can play golf at Maui Nui for only $25 and that includes cart and GPS fees. Junior rental clubs are only $15 for standard sets.
We are also the official PGA and USGA First Tee host for Maui. Sundays starting April 26th, 2015 at 3:00 pm come out to our driving range to join in on the fun with our local PGA professionals teaching the game of golf. Each First Tee Program lasts approximately 10 weeks. Please contact our pro shop to get more informaion.